View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #6
97 Boxster

See responses below

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_fury View Post
Question:
Does the inside door handle trigger the window to drop? It makes noise but does NOT drop.
With the door panel off did you do any testing of the both door handles? No, I did not.

My passenger outside door handle intermittently doesn't drop the window.
When I tested the inside door handle it drops every time. This leads me to believe the outside door switch is the one at fault.
I haven't pulled the trigger to replace it yet.

These cars are full of micro switches attached to handles, while the handle keeps working the switch wears out.

Window reset procedure
The window reset procedure just lets the car remember what the last position of the window was. When the window is fully up and the door handle is pulled, the car runs the window down for a time interval that should be enough for the window to clear the top.
If the window still does not clear then it’s a mechanical issue, it's possibly a window regulator. Crap! The passenger side was working before I replaced the Door Lock Mechanism on my drivers side and now both are acting the same way. No drop from inside the car or outside the car.

Could be slop in the cable.
It's my understanding that the regulator develops slack in it over time from use and the cables stretching. When the motor runs it does not move as far as it should.
Taking up the slack in the cable instead of moving the window.

Hope that helps
T
97 Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote