View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #38
bar10dah

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryoguy@mac.com View Post
bar, did you just cut open the green adapter? i have everything open. mine appeared in tact. or should i just add zip ties like chuck did.
Yes, but only because mine was broken, as you can see in the first pic. Since appears yours are intact (by your posts) then you should not cut yours.

In fact, the whole basis of this thread is to repair the broken green piece with a bike cable barrel adjuster. If all your green pieces are intact, your problem lies elsewhere. More troubleshooting would be required.

Go back and search/read through a few of the threads that talk about the window not dropping properly and you'll see ways to check yours out. There are many sensors that can be at fault. Two in the door (outer/inner handles) one in the convertible top portion of the top center of the windshield, can't remember the rest right now.

If your window isn't dropping when you open the door, is it the same with both the innner and the outer handles?

Others will chime in, I'm sure, to try to help you out. However, since you've got the door apart and probably want to resolve this rather quickly so you can get the car back together, you may have to resort to just searching/reading older threads on your own to save yourself some time.

Good luck! I know how much of a pain it is to have a car half apart just sitting in the driveway...
bar10dah is offline   Reply With Quote