Thread: Recaro Seats
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Perfectlap

Overkill? If your purposes are staying alive I would disagree.

a word of warning. Don't drive a car with a cheap racing seat. EVER. Either on the track and specially not in street traffic. In a crash you are severely compromising your safety in inexpensive lightweight seats. This goes for most of the seats made by Momo, Sparco etc. Its mostly crap. The FIA standards even on expensive seats are the most minimal of standards. one can only imagine how much danger of spinal injuries your putting yourself in the event of an accident.

You have a Porsche not a Hyundai.

My advice is to spend a few bucks on a quality seat. If going aftermarket Cobra makes excellent Kevlar seats.

I have the Recaro GT3 seats which are basically the same as the pole positions in the side and seat. I would search around Ebay, Rennlist in the GT3 and 996 boards and check some Porsche racing forums. Maybe even call someone at Brumos Porsche in Fl.

oh and if you go with the GT3 seats you can add a Brey Krause attachment to lower the seat onto the floorboard. As far as leg room I had someone who was 6-4 sitting in the car and it was fine. Getting out was another story, but that's why sportscars love little guys.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-16-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote