Thread: Do I have RMS?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 AM   #19
jlawrence54

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
The RMS seals the output shaft between the engine and transmission, it has nothing to do wtih the engine operation. If you have an RMS leak, you will find drops or puddles of oil under the car coming from the area where the engine and transmission mate. If you can't find any evidence of oil leaking under the car then your RMS should be fine.

It is normal to have white-blue smoke on start up as long as it stops in 1-2 seconds.

If you have huge plumes of white smoke when driving, then the air-oil separator is bad. It will look like a James Bond smoke screen for a few moments and then clear up and be fine. Then later this will happen again without being related to anything. If you ignore it, it will occur more frequently as the engine burns oil that should have been recycled back into the engine. The engine will continue to run fine.

I'd top up the oil level and drive it. Keep an eye on the symptoms listed above while keeping an eye on the oil level and proceed according to what you find.
Thanks. I think you hit it on the head, everyone else seems to lean that way as well. I plan on dong just that this weekend. Hopefully that will determine the culprit (AOS).
jlawrence54 is offline   Reply With Quote