View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #11
jbs986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
I've been driving a 2011 WRX STi off and on for the last few months . Great platform vehicle with tremendous potential through an endless array of aftermarket support. However, in it's stock form, it feels flaccid compared to the Dangermobile. As far as a Vette is concerned, regardless of power or performance they will always be Tony Pepperoni cars in my mind. Lastly, I had occasion to drive a few Lotus Elises and Exiges in the past - the Exige being the much more impressive of the two . Still, the engines felt like a "gerbil was being whipped along a pulley", and the driving manner (or lack thereof) of either vehicle was way too primitive for my liking. Worse, IMO they both look like a high top sneaker. On the other hand, the 986 has poise and refinement, along with enough sports car DNA to satisfy most enthusiasts .
I own a 2002 Boxster and a 2006 Lotus Elise, I love both cars.The Lotus is my track car and the Boxster is my DD, The Lotus will out perform my Boxster in EVERY way on the track.and is a great car.

As for it's looks? to each-his own..I have always have gotten nothing but compliments on the Lotus.The Boxster is the best mid-engine,convertible sports car money can buy and I love driving it with the top down.
jbs986 is offline   Reply With Quote