View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #10
Eric523
Boxster Abuser

Car debut was this past weekend at Lagune Seca with POC.

First practice, we wanted to see if we could pass sound and try to adjust the brake balance. Just needed a few clicks to the front and I haven't touched it since. After the balance was in check we activated the ABS for back-up.

Second session we were able to mix it up a bit with the class leaders, build a bit of confidence. The car is quite a bit quicker than the BSR or any other car I've driven regularly so it took a couple sessions to really settle in.

Third session I went ahead on put on our first set of new tires on the car, Yokohama 250/650's in front and 280/680's in rear in the Medium(002) compound. What a difference, dropped a few seconds and started to run top times in the class as well as the following session when I got down to last years class pole qual times. I was absolutely thrilled that the car ran all day, and getting some great times out of it without any adjustment other than brake bias set-up.

Next morning the weather had cooled down and we started dropping more time. Down to an astonishing 1:33:9! My goal when the car was developed was to be 1:34's, and we got there in just a handful of sessions. I was able to back it up with another 1:33:9 in qualifying and was 4th overall behind a few 3.8L & 4.0L cup cars.

The race was pretty much the same story, finishing fourth overall and first in class. Feeling great after hundreds of hours in the car and nine months off track paid off with a win and two FREE Yoko slicks as a prize.

Third day on track I was able to drop to a best of 1:33:695 in qualifying. I lost a spot at the start, and another later on going too deep into T2, but got them back for a second win of the weekend. Four FREE yoko slicks, woohoo!

corkscrew drive by in GT Boxster on Vimeo
Eric523 is offline   Reply With Quote