View Single Post
Old 11-16-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
bigwatts

Passenger Window ??

My boxster makes a grinding noise when opening or closing the passenger window. The window functions fine. It goes up and down. It also drops when you open the top release and does the little micro drop when opening the door from the inside or outside.

I have done some searching on the forum and noticed lots of mentions of problems with the window regulator and the window not dropping when the door opens. However mine seems to function normal. It also has streaks in the glass when it comes back up after lowering it. (like when a dirty window is lowered on any other car) This makes me think the grinding noise might be dirt or something in the tracks?? Or is this a regulator on its way out. Should I replace it or just leave it since the window functions fine. Of course the grinding noise initially makes me think something is not right. The window is also a little slower going up or down during the last 3-4 inches before the glass enters the top of the door. Almost like the motor has to try a little harder right at that point.

The car is a 97. I noticed this same problem on one of the other 97's I drove before purchasing mine. Advice? Is it a do it yourself fix? Price?

Thanks
bigwatts is offline   Reply With Quote