View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #7
shadrach74

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimer View Post
I have been meaning to write on this topic. I too had this happen every once in a while (wasnt really blue in color but that was looking out of my rearview mirror so not 100% sure). I may have found the trick to it though...at least for my car. \

When I pull in the garage, I let the car idle for about 30 -45 seconds to just calm it down so to speak. I typically drive the car fairly hard when I take it out...so I figured why not let it relax a little before shutting her off. When it was happening every so often, it would be after a drive where I was going pretty hard, pulled in the garage and just shut it down...

Since I have been doing this - over the past couple months, I have not had any smoke at all on start up.
Anthropomorphism-any attribution of human characteristics (or characteristics assumed to belong only to humans) to other animals, non-living things, phenomena, material states, objects or abstract concepts, such as organizations, governments, spirits or deities.

As emotional as I am about cars, I try to excise emotion from my thinking about physics and mechanics.

Unless you're pulling into the garage at red line, the 45 sec cool down in the garage does no more for the car than the gentle drive down your home street into your driveway.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote