View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #9
shadrach74

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekam View Post
I'd run, not walk if I hear that kind of sound on a used car, no matter how cheap it is.

Did anybody tell you how fragile our motors are and how expensive it is to fix Porsches? Go ahead, ask me how I know this.
If it is possible that the noise is identifiable and the fix is reasonable why would you not investigate further? There should be little to no cost involved to the buyer. Clearly it's making an odd noise. I would assume that the seller acknowledges that fact and would be willing to have the issue identified and negotiate a solution. There are few 13 year old sports cars that are perfect. If you find one, expect to pay a huge premium. I cannot diagnose the problem from a youtube vid and I'm betting you can't either.

What if it's something as simple as a belt tensioner? or PS pump? Why run from what could be something simple until you're educated? Yes these cars have some unique weaknesses, but there are plenty of non P cars out there that don't have unique weaknesses that still make odd noises until the issue is diagnosed and fixed. Not to mention the fact that IMS failures can strike anywhere without warning. Just because a car sounds good does not mean that it is, and vice-versa.

Investigate and analyze...
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote