View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
jgama25

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipE350 View Post
My sister and brother in law live in Chicago and have a 2008 Carrera. He'll do anything to drive it including running out to get icecream 1 mile down the street. He goes stir crazy no being able to drive it enough.

This past April they took a long trip from Chicago through Pennsylvania then down the Blue Ridge and met up with me in Asheville NC. We drove another 500 miles through the mountains during the next 2 days. I was in my 2000 'S' and it was a blast.
That sounds like a great drive!!!! I hope to one day drive to a place that has a mountain range with lots of curves and turns. Myabe when my son goes to college (he's only 7) .... Til then, I'll have to settle with weekend drives up North.
I know exactly how your family feels about their wanting to drive no matter the short or long distance. Living in Chicago, especially in the winter months, can be long and brutal in terms of wanting to drive more. It drives me crazy during the winter months when I see my car in the garage but can't drive it. From time to time I'll just listen to a Bulls or Bears game in my car during the winter in the garage just so I can sit in it dreaming of the first day of Spring to come..... lol.