View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginge View Post
Hi

I had a Porsche Boxster 99 reg for a couple of days, yes a couple of days, I will explain in the best detail possible. I was driving, not at a significant speed as it was Bank Holiday and I was going into a seaside town so traffic was busy not heavy but moving about 40mph, the road conditions, well it was slightly wet but was not raining at the time , I was going completely round a roundabout to go back on myself (as I had missed the turn off), I accelerated as I was coming off the roundabout when suddenly the rear end shot out, I tried to correct this and couldn't the car spun across the road about 10ft, and hit a curb.
There was not a scratch on the actual car and the grass verge was only slightly damaged (I think where I was trying to get back off the grass).

I tried to drive the car but couldn't. A motorist pointed out my headlight had fallen out. I picked this up off the road and drove about 5 yards thinking all was ok, ( as it wasn't a bad accident). I could here vibrations so I pulled over onto the grass verge. I thought it was something under the car but it wasn't. When the recovery vehicle came he checked the car, as I said the paintwork wasn't scratched at all but the rear wheel drivers side was virtually hanging off.

This is the damage I have been advised is wrong my mate tells me there is no way I was not speeding due to the amount of damage, I can assure you I wasn't hence why I am after a bit of advice, how all this damage could possibly happen.

Are you ready?

Sub Frame Snapped,
Both driveshafts broken,
Rear Wheel Hub broken in two,
Radiator Bent,
Both wheels damaged driver side,
Headlight broken,
Both Wheel Arches Covers broken,

And a few other bits and pieces. Been told at the moment no reverse gear but this worked after I curbed the car as I had to reverse slightly for the recovery truck.

Any advice would be appreciated.
I probably have most of those parts from my used 2001 S or 2000 Base that I am parting out.

No idea how much to ship to UK from Texas -- but otherwise I can save you a bundle.

email me at mike@lonestarrpm.com if you are interested.

Last edited by seningen; 08-29-2012 at 07:27 PM.
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote