View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:50 AM   #3
ginge

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
I'm not clear on what advice you're looking for.

If you're wondering how you could have caused that much damage from a simple spin out, it's quite possible. You don't say how fast you were going at the time of the spin, but even a "slow" 15mph would be enough to do that much damage. Porsches were not designed to stop sideways into curbs using the wheels as the stopping mechanism.

There are plenty of threads here about people who lost their Boxsters on wet or damp roads. It happens. With the amount of damage you've listed, you may have totaled your car. You may want to look into a 987 with PSM - Porsche Stability Mgnt, which is a computer system to assist when things get going sideways. It's also known as Please Save Me!

Good luck with your situation.
I would envisage about 15mph, I understand Porsches aren't designed to go sideways, just wandering how on earth, I could total the car only driving slow. Thanks for the advice though, truly appreciated, at least in my head now I know this can happen. TBH I posted as my mate, whom I had the car on test drive from blatantly thinks I was speeding and I know I wasn't.
ginge is offline   Reply With Quote