View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
perksy

Should I buy this Boxster S?

Hi there everyone.

I've been offered a 2002 (52 reg) Boxster S. Its the facelift model (must have been an early one) with the glass read screen, glovebox etc.

Its done 100,000 miles and has just had new rubber all round (£850 worth) and a clutch 10,000 miles ago at 90,000 miles. The rear main seal was also replaced at this clutch change (which was in Dec 2008). He doesn't do many miles as you can tell!

The car is immaculate (really is) and I've been offered it for £7k if I want it.

The only thing that is holding me back at the moment is a noise the car makes when ticking over. I suppose (and hope) that I'm being paranoid that I'm hearing an intermediate shaft (or bearing) grumbling, but recorded a quick video of the sound to see what you kind people think.

20120828_1817261.mp4 video by jamesperks - Photobucket

I must say that the rythmic clonk-clonk-clonk-clonk noise in this video (which is the noise I'm worried about) seems MUCH MUCH louder than it sounds standing next to the car. I was standing chatting for ages before I noticed anything other than exhaust noise.

Any help very much appreciated.

James
perksy is offline   Reply With Quote