View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #9
Bmod986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
Wow, that's their job? Certainly not the way my father ran his business nor is it the way I allowed the seven dealers that reported to me at EK run theirs on our behalf. I have my own bad story so I truly understand but my Ford dealer? Most honest guy I ever did business with.
Don't get me wrong Ghost, I am talking from observation. Most high end car dealers will overcharge for about everything simply because they can and the rich people who buy there cars can't be bothered for a few extra dollars. But there are a few good dealers that have decent prices and amazing staff and customer service. Also it comes down to how much competition that dealer has. If there are more then 2 porsche dealer in a 25mile radius you can be sure they will be competing for their cliental. Aside from that I have a good relation with my dealer, paul miller. Cassandra is only handled by me or the dealership, no one else.

As a business owner I wouldn't take advantage of my customers, but I understand that they have a profesional staff that requires training every designated amount of time to have the most relevant information on our vehicles, and they have to make the money from somewhere so its going to be parts and labor. Now let me clarify when i got the MAF changed they charged for the part about $350 or $400 and then they charged me for some other parts that they changed. They also spent a good amount of time looking through my car to make sure that all my electrics and other visible components were in working order.

So ya it all depends on the dealership and the people who work there. Some dealers are bum holes, while some provide the best service you have ever seen. On average I think its about a 30% increase on most of the parts that Paul Miller sells. Then again that will go into warranty and they will provide all the labor if anything were to go wrong. The 30% chance things will go wrong lol.

Bottom line I like my dealer but avoid it unless it is absolutely necessary to go. Also I don't know how many people the parts go through before they reach a dealer and Im sure it varies.
Bmod986 is offline   Reply With Quote