View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
Bruce Wayne

Garage
i have to be honest, my local main dealer is pretty fair. but the only things i get from them are 'short notice' and low cost items. like sump plugs, brake caliper bolts, trim clips and stuff like that. larger and more expensive items i shop around for and sure the main dealer can't compete with a wharehouse set up.

main dealer are often restricted from getting their parts though the dealer network, that buys parts through the factory chain, who then get them from suppliers, who get them from the manufacturer, each one needs to put a mark up to live and and pay the rent. in stark contrast the wharehouse supplier is often getting the part direct from the factory componant supplier so it is going to cheaper.

the main dealer set me right when my key decided to loose its brain and key coding and as the car has to plugged into the porsche system and code the key to the car it was main dealer or nothing, the price was the standard cost of the key plus a bit of their time and then gave me discount too.

of course i wouldnt get all my parts and work done there, but you shop for the best prices.
2x Range Rover Classic & CSK
Bruce Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote