View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #5
Spinnaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by teleski View Post
Just started using my custom car cover that fits so well that the skirt hugs the rear bumper just above the tailpipe. As a result the elastic edge of the cover is pressing against the upper rear of the muffler and the top of the tailpipe. The muffler is pretty hot after my drive to work and it would be a shame to see the whole thing go up in flames. Folding it up away from the tailpipe seems to work but it doesn't take much to slip back down.

Anyone else run into this and find their car incinerated after a hards days work?!
I don't think you will go up in flames, but there is a risk on leaving a melted gooey mess on the tailpipe and muffler. Don't ask me how I know this. And it is a chore to clean it off afterward.
I hook my "new" cover over the top of the bumperettes to keep it from slipping down onto the tailpipe/muffler area when they are hot. After they cool down, you can move the cover down where it belongs.
3X Water Pump, Clear side markers, Crios Mod, Front engine mount, Flywheel, clutch, RMS, AOS, MAF, serpentine belt, power brake vacuum line, battery, 2X CV boots, Fuel filter, Oil filler tube, 3X ignition switch, 90K service, gas cap
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote