View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #8
tony_fury
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear61 View Post
Okay, this forum is more fogiving than some where people rant at newbies to "rtff" before asking questions, but I've done my search on the CLS and looked at the posts going back to 2010 w/o seeing this specific issue.

New purchase in May, and I know the ignition switch is starting to wear out. Every start requires a slight left push to set everything to normal. But even prior to that, from day one, lock button on the fob produced a single beep on activation.

So just in the past three weeks, the CLS button on the center dash started occasionally flashing if I went to speeds over 65 mph. After reaching destination and restart, the light was and stayed off. When it did come on, pressing the button shut it off for a few seconds, but it would then start flashing again.

Today I noticed in came on steady state somewhere during a 20 mile drive that varied from stop to 50 to 20 to 75 to 60 to street driving. After an hour rest, the drive home varied from street to rush hour stopn-n-go to 60 to street driving over a total of 6 miles, and the light never came on.
That is a weird symptom with the CLS flashing..

Almost sounds like something is loose and vibration causing some micro switch to make or break contact...