View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehkang View Post
Thanks for the response JFP.
However, I am still a bit confused.

I want to get this right so that I don't make the same mistake in the future:
-There is two bolts holding the alternator. One about 7 o'clock of the alternator - this one is about 1 1/8 inches long, and the idler pulley bolt.
-Looking at the alternator from driver side, the idler pulley bolt would be a the bolt on the RIGHT not the left.
JFP, am I missing something?

I mean no disrespect by asking this question. I know I have much to learn about fixing this or any other car and I just want to learn correctly.

Thank you in advance.
Let's see if we can clear this up; the alternator is mounted by two bolts, one at about 7 o'clock in the photo, the other that passes through the idler is at about 5 o'clock in the photo:

The comment on Mike's website was refering to the "left handed fastening screw" (the one at 7 o'clock in the photo), and the "right handed fastening screw" is the idler bolt (at about 5 o'clock in the photo). My point was that Mike was not making any reference to the thread type (left or right) in his comment, only the location when you are looking at the alternator.................. Unfortuantely, Mike's instructions does have the bolts reversed as to which one needs to be tapped, which probably is adding to your confusion.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 08-20-2012 at 12:45 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote