View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
Perfectlap

^ oh boy that would have saved me a tank of gas easy...

next time. I plan to do a lot more detailing. I was starting to get lazy.
Although that's by enthusiast standards.

As far as pricing, I think Griots aren't the cheapest but its pretty obvious they have higher standards than nearly all the over the counter products. I'm not sure if its just the way retail works but I find the mass market names to be expensive for what you get. I can pick a few items into my kart and it adds up quickly for what I find to be "car wash" detailing quality, well not really the quality of the ingredients but more so the concentrations. Stuff you buy over the counter just requires more elbow grease to get the same effect and level of shine. I guess this is to keep newbies from polishing their canvas tops with paint sealant. But with YouTube now its a lot harder for newbies to mess up their cars.

By the way, the Griots towels are pricey ($4 per towel on average) but as pointed out above they offer great discounts and from the few I've tried they are well above the janitorial quality you find in most auto stores, ($1-2 per towel on average) you'll wreck soft German paint easily with those. I keep a Griots drying towel in the car now in the event I have to go to a hand car wash or one of those coing operated places in a pinch.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 08-20-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote