View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #19
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadrach74 View Post
My god man, stop buying oil by the qt... Both of theses are available at the Walmart on Redbud Blvd in your town. Would you like me to pick it up for you too???

Mobil 1 - 5qt for $26.48 = $5.30 per qt
Mobil 1 5W-30, 5qt: Automotive : Walmart.com

Castrol Edge 5qt for $26.00 = $5.20 per qt
Castrol Edge with Syntec Power Technology 5W30 Motor Oil, 5 qt: Automotive : Walmart.com
Shadrach, One quart of oil, or only one 5 qt. for that matter, would not do much good on an oil change…it was merely an attempt at comparison shopping. I'm not very good at it, would prefer to get the oil my girl needs regardless of cost, but I am cheap at heart so I compensate by buying well in advance!

I DID go by WalMart yesterday, ironically the same one you suggested-how did you know-hmm-good guess! Unfortunately, Wally did NOT have but one CASTROL EDGE 5 Qt. in 10w-30 in stock - which is not what I would run here in TX anyway. They did not have enough of ANY REAL viscosity choice IN-STOCK for Box owners. I quoted the price for a SINGLE Quart from Wally Online - InStore it was slightly cheaper. High temps, over 100 F for the last few months means the "30" number is too low here. IMHO

No, I was joking for someone to "pick up" some oil for me from Advance Auto. However, the point is:

ADVANCE AUTO DOES NOT SHIP this deal! Only in-store purchases!

Tony, if you or your car 'decide' to visit again - let me know IF you have a problem - we can offer an air-conditioned garage with carpeting, and could "lend a hand spinning tools." Glad to hear you got her going again!