View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
I debated going with the non-charcoal or the far more expensive charcoal filter for about two minutes. Top is down most of the time, so why bother with a filter that's twice the cost?

I got the cheap one and did it in five minutes. I was stone cold sober though. :dance:
Hi,

Exactly - Smart Choice! Paying the premium for the Activated Charcoal Filter is, in deference to my friends who are Subjects of the Queen, - BULLOCKS! This is especially true if you are doing most of your driving Top Down. My Car had the Activated Charcoal Filter and I changed it for a straight Paper Filter.

I remember the days when the air wasn't filtered at all - nobody died. I concede that filtered air has the potential to extend the life of the fan (because there isn't a lot of junk to clog the bearing(s), and after Winter Storage you may find the Car smelling lees stale (because there's less potential Mold in the Ductwork).

But an Activated Charcoal Filter on a Convertible is akin to adding Slick 50 to the Crankcase, needless and much more spendy...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote