View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 02:17 PM   #17
S_PILOT

I have used Zaino for about a decade. Sal knows what he's doing with this stuff for sure. I rencently used their new Z-2 pro and Z-8 QD formulations....very good.

I use Zaino on my silver and blue cars...

The original poster mentioned Zaino 1,3 and 5. Be careful here. Z-3 is for NON-CLEARCOATED cars. not for use on your Boxster. Z-1 is their original prep. layer for the wax. They now have ZFX that you mix in with the Z-2 pro(for clear coated finishes), which eliminates the need to use Z-1. Z-5 is their swirl eliminating wax. I used it years ago. The results were a big goose egg. I have just never been able to remove swirls without using a random orbital.

HOWEVER.....now that we have a RED boxster, there are products that work much better for RED than Zaino in my opinion.

Someone mentioned Kalsse AIO-fantastic stuff.

I have latched on to Wolfgang's paint sealant followed by a topper of Souveran. Oh man, if you have a black or red car, you have to try this combo. Nothing compares IMO for deepness of shine and the incredible wet look we all strive for.

Klasse AIO with a Souveran topper is fabulous as well. There is just nothing like carnauba to make red and black look their best, IMO.

My detailing process:

1. Wash with Dawn to remove all environmental garbage and strip the current wax(learned this from Sal Zaino-he is the man....).
2. clay with Zaino claybar, using Z-6 spray as a lube.

IF I have swirls, I apply Pinnacle's swirl remover with a Porter Cable and orange cutting pad.

3. Wolfgang's pre-wax prep applied with a Porter Cable 7424 and white mild cutting pad. If you don't have a PC, you have not detailed your car yet!! Get one, you will wonder how you ever survived this long without it. The results are astounding.
4. Wolfgang's paint sealant applied with a PC 7424 and white pad. removed by microfiber mitt attached to PC 7424. You know have the UV and environmental paint protection you need.
5. Top off with a layer of Souveran wax by hand. removed immediately with a microfiber cloth
6. between waxes, I apply Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD spray. continues to add wax to the finish and makes it look just waxed all the time!
2002 Toyota Tundra 4x4-daily driver
S_PILOT is offline   Reply With Quote