View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 09:45 PM   #9
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
i plan on installing this stereo/amp/speaker setup tommorrow, Does anyone know where the firewall is that goes from the front trunk to the inside of the car? I know i can follow the stereo wires from stock amp to stock radio, but i need to run a power wire to my subwoofer inside my car. I would like to use separate holes for power and signal to reduce unwanted sound.
Where are you mounting the amp? If in the trunk why do u need power wires running into the car at all? What type of subwoofer setup are you doing?

Anyway, there is a small opening in the left side (if your facing your car) of the battery. That is were i ran all my wiring....Using a cloth hanger to fish the wires works real well, the opening from the top does not match the bottom exactly but it works. Its a real tight fit but i was able to run 3 sets of rca cables, and the brain wiring to my navi unit. The hold is probably less than 2" in diameter.

Let me know if i can be of more help. Just recently did my install and remember it quite well.

~James~
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote