View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 04:47 AM   #14
tonycarreon

element: i'm a little confused as to what your question is. are you asking about the two screws on the ignition switch or are you asking about the LCD that's on your climate control display?

1) both are easy to do. i've done both and you can do it too.

2) if you're asking about the LCD, the screws are pretty standard screws. no special tools needed (as far as i remember). to get to the climate control unit, just pull off the sides of the center console and surround and you'll see it's just screwed in with a couple of screws. remove them, disconnect a wire bundle and it slides right out.

3) if you're asking about the ignition switch, the most difficult thing is just getting in the right position. it really does help to be an olympic gymnast. for me i found that if i just got in upside down (face on brake, feet on headrest) it was a lot easier. trying to do it with my feet outside of the car was painful on my back with the door sill determined to snap my spine. the screws are tiny so get a teeny-tiny screwdriver. i also used a headband light but that didn't help much since i couldn't turn my head enough. most of it was by feel.