View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #9
southernstar

Ghostrider I found that it works incredibly well on small chips. There is no cleaning solution with the kit, but their recommendation of rubbing alcohol worked fine so long as you rub it well and repeat the process a couple of times. In my experience, if you let the paint sit for a little longer than the recommended minimum (about 20 minutes) before applying the second (clear) coat it adheres better. In addition, don't worry about getting the paint portion over an area a fair bit larger than the chip (it will happen when you swipe with the back of your finger, or the inlcuded tool) - the excess will rub off with the clear solution (and a bit of elbow grease). Do not apply in direct sunlight, however, as it tends to bake on the paint solution.

Dr Colorchip worked incredibly well on my car's ocean blue metallic; having said that, they do suggest that it works better on darker colours, so I will be interested in hearing how it works on your car. If the area in question is the rocker panels, I would have complete confidence however that it will make a dramatic improvement.

Brad

Last edited by southernstar; 08-13-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: sp
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote