View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #8
blue2000s
Porscheectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenOH View Post
I've had better luck with Bonine--maybe it's their marketing working--than I have with Dramamine. I had a Dramamine patch that absolutely zonked me went I did a cruise, but I didn't get seasick . I tried cutting the patch in half and still felt a little off and then tried Bonine which seemed to work better. Bonine also comes in a children's size--much smaller dose-- which may be the way to go.

I never get sick behind the wheel but it's different as a passenger. The all time worst was the ride around Bondurant track in AZ our first thing on our first day in a 12 passenger van just to let you know how a big vehicle could get around the track with a good driver. Unfortunately, we were way in the back, had a really big breakfast of stuff I probably shouldn't have eaten and when we hit our second curve in the van van I new it was going to be bad day. I hung tough for a few hours but after the slalom course I was done. I spent half a day trying to recover and downed Dramamine before we went out the next day. This was a 3 day course, so if you get sick early, you could be out a bunch of $

Other things I try are to make sure I've got a relatively full stomach and keep some ginger ale handy.
Bonine can cause drowsiness too. All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be comfortable if I knew someone sharing the track with me was on such a med. I'd be even more uncomfortable if it was my instructor and I was getting a ride with him or her.

Last edited by blue2000s; 08-11-2012 at 09:12 AM.
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote