View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Petermark1972

Think I might just cry!!!

Major disaster... I left work today and noticed there was a rattle in the engine of my 2001 boxster triptronic. Stopped down the road and had a very quick look. Couldnt see anything or pinpoint where it was coming from. Has no other option but to continue. After about five miles the rattle stopped and a whine started, like a fan belt type whine. This stopped after about 10 miles and I 'thought' whatever had happened had sorted itself out.... Until I got home that is. I got out of the car and the oil was POURING out from underneath... Smoke was also coming from the vents. After a quick bit of research it looks like it could be the AOS but I'm no mechanic by a long shot. My usual mechanic is off for the weekend so to save me lots of worry can someone give me a few ideas of what it might be and how much it might cost. Is it also possible to drive the car to the mechanic? The oil indicator is about an inch below the lowest level but I could top it right up before I go unless it could do even more damage.... All help and suggestions much appreciated. Unfortunately I just put it up for sale last week so this is the last thing I need when trying to sell it
Petermark1972 is offline   Reply With Quote