View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #18
Homeboy981
Homeboy981

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
There is another mod to make the headlights work as drl by jumping a fuse...maybe you could do this with the fog lights?
Yes. You can make the fog lights work as DRLs (Daytime Running Lights) but the fog lights are HIGH powered relative to most DRLs so they may cause extra wear on housing. The fog lights were not designed to be on "full-time" as someone rightly pointed out here JUST BEFORE I did the same modification!

I believe the fogs are 21 Watts or so, they give off a lot of heat, especially if running in the sun. Even more so this summer where it has hardly been below 100F degrees (or 38C) for the last couple months! Almost desert heat and HOT lights not a good combination for the plastic lens! IMHO I am looking at the other part of the mod which is to make the Side Markers into Turn Signals…great for safety! EZ to do too!

Panameras, that LED fog looks good in there. That would not burn the lens. Hmmm. I might give that a try OR pick up a 4" LED DRL. How well do the fogs work, are they brighter than stock?