Thread: Boxster wrecked
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:01 PM   #13
ranbar2

Pilot, thank you for the sentiments about my wife. She is indeed doing ok, just sore (like I am) and a few bruises. I know what you mean about a foot to the right...I saw those headlights coming right into me and thought I was a goner.

As for the damage, last year I had a woman in a pickup back up and ram her towball into my hood. Had to replace the bumper cover, hood and one headlight (it was slightly cracked), along with paint. Total cost: $3500. Now I have much more substantial damage, both in amount and to the pieces damaged. Wheel, brake, tire, fender, suspension, control arm, radiators, condenser, fender, door etc. And that is just the visible stuff. Plus, who knows how the impact affected the rest of the car.

One piece of good news is that I can put in a claim for dimished value. Also, if I get it repaired at a USAA approved shop they guarantee all work for life, and it is transferable. So I can discount the repaired car by the diminished value amount and give a subsequent purchaser a lifetime warranty on the repairs.
ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote