View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:26 PM   #19
southernstar

Actually, I think the OP was asking for comparisons between the 2011/12 987 and the 2013 981. If I were buying new, I would definitely opt for the 2013 as: 1. Resale is apt to be much better for the current model over the previous one. 2. Based upon Porsche's history, the new body shell should remain in production and hence current looking for another 8 years. 3. Personally, I prefer the appearance of the new 2013 (other opinions may vary). 4. Despite increased interior dimensions, weight is down, while performance and fuel mileage are up.

Yes, Porsche has gone to electric steering; however, the insertion of a hydrualic power steering pump between the steering wheel and the steering box on previous cars hardly made for a direct mechanical connection either. Does anyone remember the howls from some purists when Porsche went from manual, to power assisted steering on the 911? I'd have to test the new steering to be certain, but I suspect that may of the complaints about reduced feel are from those who have never tried the new car, or at least, the new and old car back-to-back.

Brad

Last edited by southernstar; 08-08-2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: sp.
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote