View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 04:40 AM   #2
NoGaBiker

I replaced my 2002 Carrera Lightweights with Victor Equipment Innsbruck 18s last month. The jury is still out. I'm more of a subtle guy and these are attention getting. Also, I have them installed with the OEM 5mm spacers that came with the 2004 550SE, and I think the wheels are poked out too far wrt the fenderwells. I don't know that the 1/4" I get when removing the spacers will visually make any difference, but I'm going to try it. These are "rotary forged" wheels, for what it's worth. Not fully forged (which seem to cost about $5000 for 4 with rubber, ala HRE 560C, their "budget wheel!") but better than cast. I'm just going on their propaganda there.

The wheels are an amazing $1499. All-in with Pilot Supersports and mounting, shipping, etc. I was at $2600-ish. If you need painted-crest center caps it's another $125. I did, since the centers on my OEM wheels are painted Seal Gray and that didn't work with these silver wheels.

The last 2 pics show the new and old wheels. Note that OEMs are 8.0 and 9.5", while the Victors are 8.5 and 10.0. You can see the difference reflected in the width of the tires, which are the same 265 size.

I have gotten compliments from many people, most of whom are the furthest thing from "car guys." The general public seems to love them.

Unfortnately, I've not had a chance to get up to the mountains and test the new Supersports yet. The OEMs have Toyo T1S, and I've been very pleased with that tire. But decided to go back to Pilots (had PS2s before) for a change.

Last edited by NoGaBiker; 08-08-2012 at 04:44 AM.
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote