View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
deliriousga

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmussatti
For one, you can see a definitive edge, where the paint transitions to the film, which is about 1/2 down the hood. The film also has less luster to it and really adds to the 'orange peel' effect on the hood. The bumper parts looked even worse, very cloudy with aging!
That depends on the brand and installer. I had the 3M film installed nearly 3 years ago and it still looks fantastic. Bumper is shiny and practically invisible. Fenders look great and you have to look very close to see where the film stops. We had a custom sheet put on that covers the entire hood so there is no line. Randall saw it and it seemed like he couldn't tell it was on until he was pretty close (let me know if that's wrong, Randall).

The only parts I don't like are the mirror covers. The curve is so tight it has a tendency to pull up there. The only other thing I don't like is since I got a cut in the hood piece, I will have to replace the whole piece. It did keep a large rock from causing major damage to the hood, though, so I'm sure the plastic will be cheap compared to the possible damage without it.

If you get it done, just make sure you get the good film (3M is thickest and no yellowing) and a great installer.
1986 Daughter White/Brown Top (Sold!)
1992 Daughter White/Blonde Top
deliriousga is offline   Reply With Quote