View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #18
pk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceatlantic View Post
...If anyone has any ideas on a good way to get around not having the 7th injector controller I'd be all ears. I originally thought I could no without this controller and just adjust the pulse to the 6 injector to get more fuel in and have the flashed ECU have full control but I've yet to find anyone to take on the job. I'd be interested also in knowing if there is a better 7th injector piggyback that can interface with the stock ECU.
There a re a number of (piggy back) boxes out there that will work fine if not far better. The original didn't really do a 'elluva lot. It just read a handful of sensors ( 0 - 5v) did some rudimentary load calculations and pulsed the 7th injector accordingly.

A newer box can do much more and do it much better. I was told you can install larger injectors, skip the #7, and drive them all with the right piggy back. It can also retard the timing, drive methanol/h2o injection (inter-cooling). you can also add more inputs for even better control.

There used to be an outfit around that had a twin turbo kit. They re-flashed the original ECU and installed bigger injectors among other things.

there's really nothing to much different in tuning one of these as opposed to a Subaru or Honda. The theory and practice is all the same. Nobody really has to touch the engine, it's all in software.

Regards, PK