Thread: Boxster wrecked
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:57 AM   #8
ranbar2

Angry

Well, I just got a call from my insurance company. The rep said that the adjuster has not actually inspected the car yet but does not believe it is a total loss, partly because the airbags did not deploy and also because it is front end damage and it is a rear wheel car. She went on to say that the adjuster told her that he has been in the business a long time and knows what he is doing. No ****************, that is exactly what she said. Now they want to tow it to my repairer of choice (dealer$$$) so the adjuster can inspect the car there and then they can do a tear down and get a supplemental damage estimate. I told the rep I would not authorize having it moved until the adjuster had actually SEEN the damage, which, after putting me on hold and talking to the adjuster, she agreed to do.

Here's some better pics of the damage. Notice that the wheel is pushed towards the rear at least 4". That to me means at the very least wheel, brake, tires, suspension, coolant system, left front fender, driver's side door, hood, bumper, headlights and possibly the frame. And who knows what effect it had on the rest of the car? Anyone think that the bill to make this good as new will be below the percentage of cost to declare it a total loss?
ranbar2 is offline   Reply With Quote