View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #29
jaykay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric G View Post
Feelyx, which bearing? The IMS...if so my friend who did the harmonic vibrational analysis has asked to have a first look at it. He is in the process of updating a study paper over his work which will be going into PCA North American. My car is part of the study group where we baselined my car before the build, the after analysis with the new components will be used in part of his paper, along with about 45 other Porsche cars.

Mind you, my bearing did not show frequency anomalies, rather it was my cam chain tensioners that showed the highest frequency to noise ratio.

Here is a link to the first paper:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwYQrJT16ogVYlM5T1JCSXFta0k

Once he is done I would be glad to ship it to you.

Jay, it is just me right now (with my wife acting as support for this) She loves working on the cars and learning, but since I am doing most of this during the day time hours while she is at work, she ends up being my evening support and beer drinking buddy at the end of the day.

Surprisingly, all of these tasks are simple enough for one person with the tools. Like I said in my previous post, anyone who does this work using only jack stands I take my hat off to them as it can get cramped under the car. Robin said for this project there was no way she wanted me to have to work like that. After seeing my friends lift at his house...the decision was made.

Nice thing about this lift (besides the cost), is if don't want to leave it in the middle of your garage, you can wheel it away. Since her car fits over the top we just leave it set up.
Nice so its better than the two posters out there? What brand and model is it?

Yes I will have to recruit the GF when the time come but she will want me to build a boxster for her as well!