Thread: P 1115 code
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
paulv

Quote:
Originally Posted by san rensho View Post
I was using the durametric. 3 sensors showed 64, the other sensor was around 400. I'm not sure how the durametric measures the resistance with the engine runing, but thats what the numbers were. I don't have a CEL, just a stored code which hasn't come back and no change in driveability so I'm not too concerned.
Sorry, I should have mentioned to measure this with the ignition off, and using a digital multimeter. I'm not sure what the Durametric tool will read for an actual value of the heater resistance on your car (with DME 7.2). I never explored that on my 987 (DME 7.8_40).

The O2 heater has a monitor and is checked every drive cycle and will set a permanent code (and CEL) on the 2nd drive cycle if not corrected. Since it's a stored code and you reset it, and it hasn't come back yet, you should be OK. You may want to check it in a few weeks to see if there's a stored code again.

You're right that it doesn't impact driveability -- it's only used to (as you know) to heat the O2 sensor up to its operating temperature and then shuts off.

Thx for posting your problem as it's making me curious -- I'm going to play around with my Durametric tool to see what it provides for actual values with the O2 sensors.

Regards,
paul...
paulv is offline   Reply With Quote