Thread: De snorkled
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #18
jaykay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycarreon View Post
i remember thinking the same thing. i wish i could offer more advice, but it was 2 years ago when i removed mine. i just remember being certain it was going to break, and i remember i ended up doing it wrong. in the end, nothing broke and once i finally got done i realized just how wrong i went about it.

**edit**
so i found a post where i mentioned what i did wrong. De Snorkeled! Does it negatively effect HP or torque? looks like i didn't push on the vents and loosen them before trying to remove the surround. from what i've seen, you have to push the vents loose, then remove the surround, then remove the vents from the clips.
You need to separate the vanes from the outer piece before withdrawal. You actually have to push in on the vane to free them from the clips (to sheet metal)ing before pulling out the outer piece. The trick is to find the small rests on the outer body coloured piece and dislodge the vane piece off of them before pushing in to get it of the clips.......phew

You really have to look for these they are tiny and very hard to see.....get it wrong and you could break something