Thread: PCA Membership
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 07:41 AM   #17
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by grease
Hi Jim,

I'm a recently-joined PCA member, met the folks in my area and attended one event so far---very enjoyable!

I looked into Leland-West insurance, it seemed you could get a good deal from them only if you were very restrictive in driving your car, e.g not to work, low yearly mileage, etc.

Did you make this compromise to get your low rates?
Hi,

I own several Fun Cars (Lotus Esprit, Datsun 240Z), the Boxster amongst them. These are for pure enjoyment, occaisional Country Drives, Goin' Out on the Town, etc. I office from my Home, so no daily commute either. As such, I didn't compromise anything, Leland's requirements match up exactly with how I use the Car. They have insured my Lotus since '96, and my Datsun since I think '86.

Being my 1st year owning it, I went with the 5,000 mi. policy, figuring I'd drive it more the 1st year. I put it in Hiberbnation this past weekend for the season and had put just 4,000 mi. actually on it. next year, I'll probably drop the coverage to 2,500 mi.

This type of coverage is ideal if you own multiple Fun Cars. Without it, your annual insurance costs, incl. the Daily Driver would be astronomical...

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote