View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 01:20 PM   #20
Overdrive
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider 310 View Post
...I have already put more miles on the car in one summer than any of my other previous. Yesterday I started to feel bad about the miles and for a split second I thought about not taking it. Thank god my little voice correctly said, hey idiot WTF are you making payments on it for then?
Amen. Can't understand why people buy them and park them the majority of the time they own it. If I met someone with 200k miles on his 356 and they were all his, I'd shake his hand and maybe even get my picture with him. I can appreciate and all original example with less thank 20k on it, sure, but these weren't meant to sit around looking pretty all the time...that's what we have the museum in Stuttgart for. Drive it! Especially when you have something as nice and rewarding as a Spyder.

I managed to put about 5k on the car this year right about the same time it was due for an oil change based on time interval, but the year previous I put maybe half as much on it in the same length of time. I know that 8,000 miles over a period of 2 years isn't impressive by any means, but as the car's issues get worked out I'm able to comfortably drive it more frequently and farther distances. I'm getting my money's worth, plain and simple. I didn't buy this thing to have it sitting in my driveway unless there's snow on the ground, and it'll be getting autocrossed considerably this Sunday.

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote