View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #10
tony_fury
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circles View Post
Thanks Tony

I am beginning to think that the standby mode is turning on after about 5 minutes not 5 days. If i get out of the car and lock it then unlock it straight away it all works as it should.
It sounds like that is happening.
If the car is unlocked with the remote and the doors are not opened, it will auto re-lock in 60 seconds. My understanding this timing can be programmed from 4 to 120 seconds by the dealer.

I do know if any of the doors, trunk lids, storage compartment, are not completely close the alarm horn will sound every time you arm the car with the remote.

If it was me, I would disconnect the battery for several minutes and reconnect and see if it clears it up.
The only problem with that is having to re-enter the radio code from disconnecting the battery. Hopefully you have that code in your owners manual.

if you don't have your radio code, you can submit your radio type and serial number in the RennTech.org Forums and they will reply with the proper code.
See link:Lost Radio Code - post your request here - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Forums

Good luck.
Tony