Thread: Key Problem
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #8
tony_fury
2001 Arctic Silver 2.7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circles View Post
I tried pulling the alarm fuses, they seemed to be intact. And when I pulled one of them the alarm sounded for about a minute and wouldn't turn off until it had run its course. Also none of the alarm other items listed with the alarm/cl fuses are having any trouble ie. power windows, radio. I have also checked under the driver seat for damp and there doesn't seem to be any. Not really sure what the next port of call is.
Not sure what the problem may be at this point.
The car is equipped with what is know as "Remote-control standby"
If the car is not started or unlocked with the remote control within 5 days, the remote control standby function is switched off to prevent running down the battery.
If this is the case you have to open the car with the key in the driver's door lock.
You then have 10 seconds to switch the ignition on to reactivate the remote control.
If you unlock the car with the key in the door lock, you must switch the ignition on within 10 seconds.

If there is a defect in the central locking system, a double horn signal during locking is heard.

There is a emergency operation where you turn the key in the drivers lock 3 times in succession and it will switch the alarm on and it deactivates the passenger compartment monitoring system.

Remote Lock Indications:
Unlocking - single flash of the emergency flasher lights
Locking - double flash
Locking twice - continuous lights for 2 seconds and a short horn signal

Hope this helps..
Tony