View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
LAP1DOUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmersInGA View Post
UPDATE: I met with the adjuster from my insurance company today and it looks like they are going to pay for the towing to Atlanta (115 miles) and repair. Yay!

The tow truck is going to pick it up tomorrow and take it to the dealer for an official diagnostic. Assuming the problem is what we think it is, they will cover the costs.

I'll update again when I have news on the repair status.

It kinda sucks that it's this much trouble to fix it, but at least it'll be fixed. And it's unlikely that I could have fixed it myself for less than the cost of my deductible.
Good luck with it. I have heard of insurance companies totaling a car for water damage. If they give you any BS, and you need a good independent P-car mechanic in Atlanta to look at it, I would suggest Franz Blam Racing in Tucker. They have done a great job on my 986 and one of my BMW's when I encounter something I don't want to work on myself.

I had a sunroof leak on an older E36 a few years ago, and had to remove the seats and strip out the carpet to get it dry. The padding they use under the BMW carpet is unbelievable at soaking up water and holding it. I hope for your sake the 986 isn't the same stuff.

986S
991S
Van Diemen RF97
LAP1DOUG is offline   Reply With Quote