View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #5
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
Wired...as in wired into the cars power? I've never looked into one. My Sony hu has auxiliary input that I use for my ipod.

You could buy one of those that plug into the cigarette lighter(already setup for 12v), hard wire it into power, and hide it under the bottom tray(lots of room under there...that's where my digital tv converter is going). Then just route the headphone jack to a good location. I'd just drill a small hole into the the top of the tray/compartment and route it into there. That way you could plug in your ipod or phone and just set it in the tray...everything well hidden.

I'm still on the fence about the DD Chinese unit as well. Great unit and price, but that bezel and cage are beyond outrageously priced.
That, and the whole theft issue. I'd be more worried about my top being cut or window broken than I would be about the stereo being stolen.
There's two types of fm modulators: wireless and wired

Wireless is probably the one you're familiar with. They sell them at walmart and it's a weak fm transmitter that you tune in on your radio. Problem is they sound horrible because FCC won't allow them to be powerful

Wired plugs in through your fm antenna. Usually you unplug the antenna from the back of the stereo, plug this in, and then plug the antenna wire back to the wired fm modulator so you still get radio. This sounds as good as regular radio since its going thru the same cable the radio goes thru
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote