View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
shadrach74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
Was just about to talk about how LFB was always used for turbo'd cars. I understand the curiousity in doing so as most race car drivers use this technique. But they also are professional and getting paid for what they do :P I must also bring up that they have also mastered knowing when to LFB, meaning they by no means do it every corner, or every race for that matter. The obvious exceptions here are karts and "big karts", aka Indy Cars :P.

IMHO, I feel LFB, is very unnecissary unless you are tracking your car, and I mean actually tracking, not autocrossing, VERY regularly. Reading a lot of articles by race car drivers, they often talk about how most techniques like LFB and Heel-Toeing, need to be practiced almost daily to have any sort of time gains on the track.
Heel and Toeing is far more necessary for smoothness and avoiding driveline abuse at the track or for spirited jaunts down your favorite country road. It is an essential part of maintaining balance and stability when down shifting at any time other than when the vehicle is in a straight line. It is there more important IMHO by a large margin than LFB and is a technique that I use as second nature on a daily basis.
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote