View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
BruceH

Garage
You have to remove the stereo and unplug the changer. Again, very simple to do with the stereo removal tool. I bought the iP-BKR2 from Discount Stereo. I got my tools from Suncoast but the Discount Stereo site says that they will include the removal tools with purchase of the cable. Shipping was very fast for both sites. You won't be able to use your CD changer anymore but that's the whole point, who needs CD's when you can have all of your music on one device!?!

You put the tools in the lower slots of the radio and then pull. It is easier if you insert a screwdriver into each hole. You will understand what I mean when you do it, saves your fingers! I didn't disconnect the battery as suggested, just pulled out the CDR-220 and plugged the cable in. I drilled two holes in the upper right back of the shelf and then used the dremel to connect the dots(cut the slot) for the connector to slide through. The cable works great with my iPhone 4S and even charges it! I didn't want to lose the factory look of the Head Unit and this gives me what I wanted. The more I use the CDR-220, the happier I am with it. This is from someone who is somewhat of an audio/video geek. I love great sound but with the top down, you are only going to get so much quality sound so I am happy. I also got lucky and have the speakers behind the headrests. Good enough for now
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote