View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #81
Vista glass
Vista glass

Garage
Positive

Predominately positive attention whether I want it or not. I have a triple black and it is usually clean clean and clean. The top is down unless it is raining...hard. Men are not hesitant to comment at filling stations, restaurants, and car-parks. I have been asked more than once if I would like to sell it. Men tend to reach out and touch the glistening sleek fenders. Freudian? Women glance and take it all in but rarely say anything: sometimes I note a smile and a wistful expression. Young boys are exuberant with compliments and have shouted their approval from passing cars. I hope it might inspire them to do what they need to in their lives to get a reward such as this. When I pick my wife up at the airport heads swivel all the way down the arrivals lane following the sexy black growl. Might as well look to see who is going home in that machine.(see above about wistful looks). Our children think its way cool. I told them we consciously chose to procreate versus update our Porsche decades ago. they applaud our choices then and now.

We live in a metro area. There are several crosstowns, x-ways and limited access roads, I can use them to get into open country to air things out rather quickly. I have had the same experience related on this forum with the ricers,mustangs and big trucks wanting to give it a go. This just doesn't happen in the other vehicles I use. Sometime when conditions are right I oblige their curiosity about the Boxster. Thus far I have only had warnings from the Imperial Authorities when it is alleged that i may have possibly violated a statute. Nice officers each one of them , doing their job. I have been paced and had the finger wagged at also. I have a "Iparked next to a dough-head ding in the drivers door...from the covered lot at the office. Jealousy is one of the most complex of emotions don't you think?

Overall I believe the attention is just a result of the designers wunderbar embodiment of form following function oh so very well. That and the innate appeal of a drop top roadster and the entire concept that engenders for the operator and the observer. This has been done before, and it's my turn again
Vista glass is offline   Reply With Quote