Thread: Call me crazy
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
1olddude

Garage
Call me crazy

I have been looking for quite sometime for the perfect used boxster to come along. I found one at a Lexus dealer, 2002 S, with only 8700 miles. When I first saw it posted online I sent an email to find out what the deal was and why so few miles as they hadn't yet posted photos. The call from the dealer came and he explained how some old guy had this car and only drove it when he was in town at one of his many homes. I was skeptical but I put down some money so I could go take a look and a drive. That was a mistake because as soon as I saw it I couldn't resist. They had it on the showroom floor and it looked like a brand new car. I made them an offer after taking a drive. They gave me a 36,000 mile warranty on the power train and that sold the deal. All the service records are up to date, the dealer put new tires on it even though the ones that were on it still looked new. They changed all the fluids. Now I am kicking myself for not having a pre purchase examination from a reputable Porsche dealer. I have that lined up next week but so far it has been unbelievable to drive. Now I am hoping the inspection doesn't turn up any problems or I may drive off a cliff having been so hasty to jump at the deal. Wish me luck!
1olddude is offline   Reply With Quote