View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
986_inquiry
2006 987

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nieuwhzn View Post
I think that the spacing of the letters on the 2012 Boxster (and the Panamera btw) is a bit wider than what ParticleWave is showing, see picture. My broken Boxster emblem is coming off soon, the P O R S C H E emblem has been lying on my desk for a couple of weeks already.
Not sure whether I like ParticleWave's spacing or the 2012 Boxster spacing better. Argh, decisions, decisions....

Oh I like that!!

I bought the silver PORSCHE emblem but didn't debadge and put it on because.... well, if I'm at the track and pass someone, I don't want them thinking I had an S, because even the 2.5 is deceptively fast, I've had some ask if it was a S, so I'm trying to maintain Porsche's good reputation That's one of the reasons I haven't gone with LED tail lights or fancy headlights, I want anyone somewhat familiar with vehicles to easily recognize that yes, this is a older Boxster, 2.5 or 2.7 at best.

Even I have a hard time telling mine from newer boxsters but the LED tail lights are a clear give-away

But that looks decent, I'll have to try that. I also think I'll get a silver Boxster emblem, black emblem on black paint is impossible to see.
986_inquiry is offline   Reply With Quote