Thread: Workshop manual
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2005, 05:05 AM   #7
ukchris

For most of these things you are better off posting here, www.ppbb.com or (especially) www.renntech.org there are people on these sites that seem to have done just about every task that can be done at home and will be happy to share and guide you. In some areas there are folks who will have work on car days or come and help you - one of the reasons I bought the Boxster is the great community that you join.

Regarding the MAF for example try here http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=659&st=0&p=2707& or more searches. A friend of mine replaced his in less than ten minutes whereas the dealer quotes an hour and a half plus high markup parts.

You can buy a replacement MAF much cheaper online too, check out Sunset Imports or ******************************** for good prices.

For the PDF manuals I'd say they are well work $10 but probably not much more, certainly not the $100+ you sometimes see them sell for on ebay. The online resources are by far the most valuable though, at least until the Bentley book comes out.

Chris.
ukchris is offline   Reply With Quote