View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #16
97Boxsterian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez
Yup, I'm in the same boat as you , you can try getting a T-20 anti-tamper torx and some electrical contact cleaner and clean the business end of the MAF some people have had luck with that. I have not had a chance to get to mine yet.
You are lucky the MAF you have in your box is the older design and you should be able to replace it yourself fairly easily. (the newer version MAF requires it to be programmed into the ECU $$)

For replacing the filter first? I’m assuming you mean the Air filter, do you have an oiled filter like a K&N on there? Has the Check engine light come on? (if so you should try to get a OBD-2 reader and get the codes). If the check engine light is on the MAF is already hosed and changing the filter will not change the symptom.

Do a search on http://www.renntech.org/ I was going to post a link to a thread there but the site is currently being updated and is down for a bit.

Pez
Thank you for the advice! My engine light is not on, so I guess I will try cleaning the MAF sense frist and see how it turns out. What is T-20 anti-tamper torx? Can I buy it in local auto accessory store like pepboys, autozone...etc.? Which kind of electrical contact cleaner would you recommend? I found lots of tread in renntech.org about MAF, I guess we don't need to be worried. I will try cleaning it next weekend and I will update you. Thank you
97Boxsterian is offline   Reply With Quote